Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Summer Life

First I want to say something about the animals we saved, since I haven't figured out how to put up pics. A few months ago, a guy gave us two puppies. They are smaller jack russel terriers. We named them Naomi and Rachel. Not long after that, a family gave us kittens they found on the side fo the road in the rain. We took them to the vet and bottle fed them and all that stuff that the mother should have done. The weakest of the two had a broken rib, and could barely move when we first got him. About a week later, we almost lost him, but with prayers he is just as strong as his big brother now. I was going to post pics, but I can't figure out how, so Tony (the tiger) is gray tiger striped and storm is a deep gray with gray-green eyes. They still have their baby hair too. They was only about three weeks old when we got them, poor things. They were found on the side of the highway in a trashbag in the rain. Who could do that? My mom is talking about giving them away because we already have way to many animals, but I don't see why. They are very smart and loving. The puppies on the other hand are so stupid. The kittens were litter trained at three weeks old. At almost four months, we are still have problems with the dogs. DECA Camp was so much fun, but I'll tell the stories once I get the pictures up. During the summer, I work with an after school program. We have day camp all through July. Last week was the last week for the summer. The staff had our farewell/ my birthday dinner saturday. Half of the staff won't be coming back next year. Two are leaving on missions trips and one has more to do with college. Her schedule doesn't work out. So all that is left is Machaela (pronounced Macaw, don't ask) the boss, Leon, a coordinator, and me, a high school assistant. So before October we have to find three replacements. Before this year I was just a volunteer and student in the program. We had some interesting conversations about the students, and the staff that's been in RAP for a while told stories from previous years. It was so funny. I wonder what they said about me when I was a student. But I wasn't one of the trouble makers. Well, I think I'll figure out how to get the pics up. The stories will be better with those. So God Bless.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate McDonald said...

Megan,

Sorry I am not too good at responding and keeping up with that..yes, i Remember you!!!

You got two jack russells? cool! My oldest dog is 1/2 Jack Russell... did you know that they are actually one of the most intelligent dogs there are?

Dogs usually don't get potty trained for a few months... the best way to train them is crate training...google that or get a book and I gauruntee you those pups will be peeing outside in no time!

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home