Tuesday, August 15, 2006

E-mail

Have you ever realized how important e-mail is or how important technology alone is in our current way of life? I had a major wake up call today. Earlier yesturday I went to check my e-mail, only to find everything worked perfectly except for the inbox link, which leads me to my only means of communication with half of my friends. At first I thought it was only a temporary glich, but I came to a horrifying realization after I woke up this morning to find that the problem had not vanished, but continued well into the evening. You see most of my friends lives at least an hour away by car, some one or two hours or more by plane. The only way I can keep in touch with them is through e-mail. The problem is fixed and the only e-mails that I had recieved was junk mail and advertising. Go figure. But computers are only an expanded version of the technology we rely on daily. I woke up this morning and was getting ready to clean my room (a sight you will never hear of again), and my light went kapowee. I have no window in my room to watch the gorgeous sunrise in the mornings on the rare occasion I get up early for something other than work or school. Without a light in my room, it is impossible to see anything, so I was going on a desperate search through this cluttered house that everyone we know claims eats things, praying to find the one thing that would save me from being grounded from my car. I'm so thankful I found the last one. I get to keep my car tomorrow. And not to long ago, my battery for my car completely died. I went from being free to get to places like work and church back to being completely dependent on everyone else. And what if Y2K really did happen. I don't even want to think about that. The every day technical gliches is already to much for me to handle. Oh yeah, our washing machine just broke. Back to the old fashioned way... Save me now. I have to use my brain after school and band practice. First day of school tomorrow. Tell you how it went later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home